Saturday, October 24, 2009

Nintendo, Meet Nana.

Recently, Nana asked if she could borrow my Wii so she could practice bowling for a Wii tournament at the senior center. After deflecting the question, I began to really think about old people and Wii gaming...


I don't really play my Wii as much as I should. I rarely play video games, and when I do, I want to do it lazily, without having to move any extremities. So, like manual labor, peas, and sunlight, it just not my thing. 


However, I do think that old people playing Wii is great. It gets them in touch with reality (although Nana did call the controller a "remote") and gets them moving. Also, it familiarizes them with Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach and the gang (This is crucial because it may prevent some young grandchildren from receiving knockoff Nintendo gear from Big Lots for Christmas).


I told Nana that practice was for losers and wished her the best of luck...I leave you with a list of 1o Funniest Photos of Old People Playing Wii. 


PS: The above link has a sequel! Its the SPEED 2 of "top ten" posts. (The joke here is that Speed was bad, and Speed 2 was worse. Apply that knowledge to the above link. AKA, its a lame countdown, and I'm sure "the sequel" is too.)

1 comment:

  1. I may recommend deterring her from any driving style games though. Games in the vein of Crazy Taxi, Mario Cart(s) or Grand Theft Autos 1 through 582 may have the positive effect of improving her hand eye coordination, but convince her that running down pedestrians and drivers alike, while flagrantly disobeying traffic laws, is socially acceptable.

    ReplyDelete