Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Live From CSUF, Its A Blog Entry

 I generally do all of my entries from the comfort of my apartment, where I can steal jokes from my boyfriend and bounce ideas off my cat. But I've been challenged to submit a live entry from a foreign location, so here I sit on the Cal State Fullerton campus. 
I would have liked to have done a live blog from my parents house, where Nana could be hovering over my shoulder asking me what I'm writing about and telling me I should really play Mah Jong with her and her friends, but alas, she is visiting her sister in Philly, and we, we are free.
So, I blog from my second home, College Park, where the 
CSUF College of Communications is located. That being said,
I bring you a ridiculous story (aren't they all?) from Idaho.

Idaho Woman Mistakes Own Hearing Aid For A Milk Dud
By: Kimberly A.C. Wilson

"Violet Bishop, 87, of Coeur d’Alene was tucked into bed with a box of Milk Duds, ready to watch  “Dancing With the Stars,” when something went horribly wrong. In her words:

“As I enjoyed the chocolate and caramel taste, it appeared that one of my Milk Duds was not as fresh as the others. One was rather crunchy and I could not get it to soften up, no matter how hard I tried.”

This lady got her picture in the newspaper for this. I don't think I would want my picture posted, its bad enough her name is in the article. Nothing like making an ass of yourself and letting a modern day town crier tell everybody about it. 

Luckily, Violet didn't swallow it. 

Old people: They can be like 7 year-olds, but with driver's licenses. 


2 comments:

  1. You should give 7yr. old kids more credit, they know that the stuff that comes from their noses taste much better than stuff that comes from their ears. On a side note, I could really go for some Milk Duds right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if it was a chunk of ear wax that fell out of her ear, or a bogie from her nose, she would never have known the difference. Thank goodness the hearing aid was crunchy.

    ReplyDelete