Friday, December 4, 2009

Why????

Elderly PA Wal Mart greeter assaulted

"North Versailles, PA – Police in North Versailles, Pennsylvania responded within seconds after 55 year old Paul Washington clocked 72 year old Thomas Jenkins, 72, of McKeesport, a holiday shopping greeter outside Wal Mart.

According to a WPXI report, Jenkins said “I am walking down, the next thing you know, boom, I’m on the ground. I didn’t see nothing coming,” said Jenkins. “All I hear is, ‘Pow,’ and I am on the ground laying.”

Jenkins was taken to UPMC McKeesport Hospital and then transferred to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital because he lost a large amount of blood and several teeth in the attack. The cause of the attack may have stemmed from Jenkins requesting to see Washington’s receipt on his way out of the store."



Holy Crap! Given, this blog has been critical of the elderly and their failure to assimilate to our society, but I do not condone sucker-punching a 72 year-old greeter at Wal-mart! (I also do not condone shopping at Wal-Mart)

Normally, I would feel responsible for encouraging this unacceptable behavior, but I am pretty sure the man who punched Thomas Jenkins (not actual photo) is not one of the three avid readers of my blog (Hi, Dad!).

This poor guy. He was working, providing for himself! Then, doing his job, he asks a customer for a receipt and gets cold cocked by Jerk Of The Year. Not only that, he was genuinely injured. Take comfort in the high quality care and respect Wal-mart treats its employees with, so Mr. Jenkins will be well taken care of. Or Not.


Here is the video:



No comments:

Post a Comment